Cryptocurrency is a safe, secure, and fast way to pay for your Kats Botanicals order. Some of the most common formats of crypto include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Litecoin (LTC). To avoid price volatility, stablecoins like USDC, Tether, and DAI track the US dollar and can also be used as a form of payment when completing your Kats Botanicals order. In this guide, we’re going to be walking you through the steps involved in purchasing cryptocurrency using the most popular exchange in the US: Coinbase. Then, we’ll show you, step-by-step, how to pay for your Kats Botanicals order using your newly purchased cryptocurrency!
Getting Started on Coinbase
In order to buy, sell, and send cryptocurrencies using Coinbase, you’ll first need to register for a free Coinbase account. To do this, head over to Coinbase.com on your PC or Mac, or download the Coinbase app on your mobile device. On your computer, you’ll be presented with the homescreen. To begin, click ‘Sign Up’:
Next, you’ll want to enter some basic information to complete the account creation process:
After you’ve created your account, you’ll be brought to your account dashboard, which will look something like this:
The two most important buttons on your dashboard are the ‘Buy/Sell’ button and the ‘Send/Receive’ button.
To begin purchasing crypto, click the ‘Buy/Sell’ button:
You’ll then be presented with a screen that will ask you:
- How much crypto you would like to purchase
- Which crypto you would like to purchase
- How you would like to pay for your crypto
At this point, if you haven’t linked your bank account to your Coinbase account, you can get that process started.
Note: Using your bank account to buy crypto will often result in a 5-day waiting period before your crypto can be sent to a public address (like ours!). So, in order to access your crypto immediately after purchasing it, we recommend using a credit or debit card to fund your Coinbase account.
After you’ve linked your credit or debit card, you will see it listed in the ‘Pay with’ section of the purchase screen.
To proceed, select how much crypto you want to buy, which coin you’d like to purchase, how you want to pay for it, and then click ‘One time purchase’.
You’ll go through a confirmation step, and the voila! You’re now ready to send your cryptocurrency as payment for your Kats Botanicals order!
Paying with Your New Bitcoin (or ETH, LTC, etc.)
Congratulations on completing the cryptocurrency purchasing process!
Now it’s time to use the crypto you’ve purchased, so your Kats Botanicals order can be shipped out to you as quickly as possible.
To pay with crypto on the Kats Botanicals website, start the checkout process as you normally would. Your checkout screen will look like this:
After entering your name, address, and phone number, you’ll want to select the ‘Pay With Cryptocurrency’ button located in the bottom right corner of your screen:
Then, check the ‘I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions’ and ‘I am at least 21 years old and have read your disclaimer’ buttons before clicking ‘Place Order’.
You will then be taken to the CoinPayments website, where you will choose the cryptocurrency you’d like to use. The screen will look like this:
Your name, address, and order number will be automatically imported from your Kats Botanicals shopping cart.
Note: using most web browsers, you should be able to select the crypto you’d like to use on the right, and then click ‘Complete Checkout’ on the lower left. Some browsers will only allow you to click the ‘Join CoinPayments’ button, which will require you to create an account with CoinPayments. CoinPayments account creation is typically not required to complete this process.
After you’ve selected your cryptocurrency of choice and clicked ‘Complete Checkout’, you’ll be presented with a screen displaying the recipient wallet address in two different formats:
- QR Code. This is useful when using the Coinbase mobile app.
- Alphanumeric Wallet Address. (we suggest using Bitcoin if you’re completely new to this process, as it’s the most popular cryptocurrency in use today) This screen looks like this:
Notice the ‘Amount Remaining’ total; this is how much of the selected cryptocurrency must be sent to the displayed wallet address in order for your Kats Botanicals order to be paid in full.
Now that you have the wallet address and you know how much cryptocurrency to send, head back to Coinbase and click the ‘Send/Receive’ button on your account dashboard: You will be presented with this screen:
Enter in the amount of crypto to send (in the example shown, the total to send is $45.21 or 0.0012200 BTC). Then, copy and paste the wallet address shown on the CoinPayments transaction screen. Click ‘Continue’, then confirm your transaction, and you’re done!
Within a few minutes, the CoinPayments screen will update showing that the cryptocurrency transaction has been successful. Now, all that’s left to do is wait for your shipment of high-quality botanical products to arrive at your doorstep!
Using Other Cryptocurrency Exchanges (CashApp)
While Coinbase is the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the US, there are other ways to purchase and use crypto. CashApp is a great example of a simple platform that can be used in this way, but there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- You will not have access to the same variety of cryptocurrencies available on Coinbase. So, if you want to pay for your Kats Botanicals order with Litecoin (LTC), for example, CashApp cannot be used.
- Not every crypto exchange works across every technology platform. For example, the CashApp website cannot be used to purchase cryptocurrency—only the mobile app can be used in this way. Coinbase, on the other hand, can be accessed via desktop computer and mobile app when transacting with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Regardless which exchange you use, the wallet address and total amount to send will not change. The only difference will be in the steps you’ll take using the exchange of your choice.
Here are the steps for using CashApp to purchase and use Bitcoin:
1. To get started with CashApp, first download it from the App Store or Google Play. You can also use this link: https://cash.app/app/.
2. Complete the account creation and funding process similar to the outline for Coinbase above.
3. Along the bottom of the app interface, you’ll notice five buttons. Select the fourth button with the letter ‘B’ on it.
4. Along the bottom of the app interface, you’ll notice five buttons. Select the fourth button with the letter ‘B’ on it.
5. The following screen will have three buttons: Buy, Sell, and Send (the ‘send’ button resembles a paper airplane). Click ‘Buy’.
6. Enter the amount of Bitcoin you wish to buy.
7. CashApp charges a nominal fee for Bitcoin purchases. For example, if you buy $50 worth of Bitcoin, your usable balance will be somewhere near $48.50.
8. Now that you have BTC ready to send in CashApp, click the paper airplane icon on your Bitcoin dashboard.
9. You will then be asked how much Bitcoin you want to send and to what address. Refer to the CoinPayments screen that was displayed when you placed your order.
10. After double-checking that your BTC amount and payment address are correct, click send. You’ll be given two confirmations: one on-screen within CashApp, and another email confirmation from us when your BTC payment has been received.
11. You’re all done!
Remember that you can always sell your Bitcoin back into the marketplace using CashApp, and your balance will be credited according to the market rate of Bitcoin at the time of your sale.
You can use your Bitcoin balance to pay for future Kats Botanicals orders or for other goods and services available from thousands of businesses both online and in-person!
Stuck? Check out this video!
Need Help with Crypto Payments? We’ve Got Your Back!
After you’ve completed your first few cryptocurrency purchases on the Kats Botanicals website, you’ll quickly get the hang of it. Before long, the process will become just as easy as using a credit card (if not easier!).