Table of Contents
Although kratom powder is a fantastic product for supporting your health, the flavor is an acquired taste that most Kratom users endure rather than enjoy. The “toss and wash” method is a popular way to consume your daily dose of kratom, but the bitter flavor can make it an unpleasant way to start your day.
Fortunately, there are plenty of kratom recipes available for you to try that offer a tasty way to enjoy the wellness benefits of kratom without the bitter aftertaste. The serving for Kratom is 2.4g. Do not exceed 2 servings per every 24 hours in your food creations. Here are a few of our favorite Kratom recipes.
1. Citrus Kratom Tea
Kratom tea is an ancient and popular way to enjoy the medicinal benefits of kratom. You can brew Kratom tea from dry leaves or powder and sweeten it to suit your taste. This citrus tea adds a refreshing zing to the basic tea recipe and is packed full of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 2 cups of water
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ orange, sliced
- ½ lime, sliced
- Honey, to taste
- Your regular daily dose of kratom
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot.
- Stir through the kratom and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the kratom for 15 minutes.
- Add the sliced citrus fruit and honey and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into your teacup. Enjoy!
You can easily turn this into an iced beverage by allowing the mixture to cool then serve it over ice.
2. Chocolate Kratom Milkshake
Sweet chocolate perfectly masks the flavor of kratom, and the milk interacts with the tannins in the herb to neutralize the bitter taste. But, mixing your daily dose of kratom into chocolate milk can also offer other benefits. The beneficial compounds in kratom are fat-soluble, so by mixing your dose with full-fat milk, the kratom can be more easily absorbed by your body.
- 1 cup of full cream milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate milk powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Your dose of kratom
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with ice and serve. You can add a scoop of ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
3. Kratom Tropical Juice Punch
Supercharge your morning by combining the wellness benefits of your favorite kratom strain with freshly juiced tropical fruit. The sweetness of the fruit masks the flavor of the kratom, and the juice is packed with added vitamins and enzymes to aid digestion and improve the absorption of the kratom.
- ½ Fresh Pineapple
- ½ Mango
- 1 Kiwi
- ½ Papaya
- Kratom powder
- Juice the tropical fruits and ginger in an electric juicer and discard the pulp.
- Stir through your daily dose of kratom.
- Pour over ice and serve.
4. Kratom Overnight Oats
Overnight oats is a no-cook oatmeal recipe that is the perfect breakfast to grab o
n-the-go. With added omega-3 fatty acids and protein from chia seeds, this fiber-rich meal will keep you full all day long and the sweet honey and vanilla flavors mask the taste of the kratom.
The beauty of overnight oats is that you can customize the flavor of the toppings to suit your palate. If you prefer a fruit-filled start to your morning, try a blend of mixed berries or sliced mango and banana. For a more indulgent breakfast, add a swirl of peanut butter and some choc chips.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a glass bowl or jar, add all the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. You can add your toppings before refrigerating or immediately before eating.
- In the morning, uncover and enjoy. If you prefer warm oats, put the jar without its lid in the microwave for 1 minute.
Applesauce is the perfect hunger-buster and the addition of kratom, antibacterial cloves and anti-inflammatory turmeric turns a plain classic into a powerful snack that is sure to give you the energy to get through the day.
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Honey, maple syrup or brown sugar to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and enjoy.
6. Kratom Marinara Sauce
Sweet foods aren’t the only way to enjoy kratom in cooking. Kratom marinara sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used in pasta dishes, on pizza, or in classic Italian favorites such as eggplant parmigiana.
To minimize any damage to the potent kratom alkaloids, it is important to add the kratom powder at the end of cooking your sauce. This recipe produces 4 servings of marinara sauce, so we recommend adding 4 times your dose of kratom.
- 1 can (28 oz) of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 doses of kratom
- In a heavy-based saucepan, add all ingredients except for kratom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the whole tomatoes against the side of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly for 10 minutes. Blend sauce using an immersion blender until the sauce reaches the consistency you want.
- Adjust seasoning and stir through kratom.
The marinara sauce can keep for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container, or you can freeze the sauce in portions for up to 6 months. When using frozen sauce, thaw in the refrigerator overnight rather than microwaving.
7. Kratom Chocolate Chip Cookies
For a sweet pick-me-up mid-afternoon, nothing beats a chocolate chip cookie. With the perfect chewy texture and gooey melting chocolate chips, you won’t even realize they are packed with the healthy goodness of kratom.
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 24 grams kratom powder
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar for approximately 5 minutes with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and beat until the mixture reaches the consistency of mousse.
- Sift together flour, cornflour, baking soda, salt, and kratom. Add slowly to the butter mixture using a wooden spoon until you get a soft dough.
- Stir through choc chips.
- Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between each ball of dough. You should be able to fit 6 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, swapping the trays around halfway through cooking. The cookies should be slightly brown at the edges and pale towards the center. If you prefer a crispier cookie, leave the cookies in for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes — repeat baking with the remaining dough. You should have 24 cookies.
8. Blueberry Banana Kratom Smoothie
Smoothies are jam-packed with fruit and vegetables to help boost the benefits of kratom while disguising the bitter flavor. Blueberries are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants, and many studies suggest they protect your DNA from damage to slow down the aging process.
- 1 cup of milk, non-dairy milk, or Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, ripe
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Your daily dose of kratom
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and serve. Use frozen banana for a smoothie with a thicker consistency.
9. Kratom Iced Coffee
Different strains of kratom offer different effects. Some strains provide a boost of energy, while others induce a sense of calm. As coffee contains caffeine, it is recommended that you use a more mellow strain of kratom for this recipe. Alternatively, if your favorite kratom strain gives you the kick you need to start your day, substitute regular coffee for decaf.
- 1 cup of brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla simple syrup*
- Your daily dose of kratom
- Mix the kratom into the brewed coffee.
- Add simple syrup and half and half.
- Serve over ice.
*To make vanilla simple syrup bring a ½ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to the boil on medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
The Wrap Up
Incorporating kratom into your favorite recipes can be a great way to overcome the unpleasant bitter flavor so you can reap the wellness benefits of this amazing herb. However, kratom users should be aware that combining kratom with food or beverages can delay the onset of beneficial effects. Prepare to wait for an additional 15-20 minutes to feel the full impact of your recommended kratom dose.