If you’re a seasoned Kratom user, you’ve probably heard about oblate discs by now.
Even if you’re brand new to Kratom, it will be helpful to know more about what oblate discs are, how they’re used, and where you can get them. All the answers you need are contained in this blog post!
So, without further ado, let’s explore the topic of how to use oblate discs to take your serving of premium Kats Botanicals Kratom powder.
An Uncommon Name for a Common Object
Oblate – The word itself may seem strange. What does it even mean?
The term ‘oblate’ is actually borrowed from geometry. Something is considered oblate if it is ‘flattened at the poles’. So, if you were somehow able to compress that basketball in your garage all the way down so that it became a perfectly flat circle, you would have, well, an oblate basketball. While an oblate basketball may not be very useful for shooting some hoops, an oblate piece of glutinous rice paper actually is quite useful for taking Kratom.
Kats Botanicals’ Edible Paper Oblate Discs are flat, circular pieces of glutinous rice paper.
[Fun Fact: Glutinous does not mean ‘contains gluten’. It just means that the rice used to create the rice paper is of the ‘sweet’ variety, which is different from other rice varieties like Jasmine.]
When pulverized into a flour and made into a thin film, glutinous rice is much stretchier and more pliable than non-glutinous rice, making it ideal for use in making oblate discs. So, essentially, when you consume your Kratom serving wrapped in an oblate disc, you’re taking your Kratom along with the equivalent of a few grains of sushi rice.
How They’re Used
Now that you know what oblate discs are and how they’re made, let’s move into how they’re used to take Kratom. There are two common ways to take Kratom using an oblate disc. We call them the ‘Burrito Method’ and the ‘Teardrop Method’. Try each method for yourself to see which you prefer!
Do the Burrito Fold
Using this method, follow these steps:
- Place your Kratom serving in the center of the oblate disc.
- Fold in the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the disc to create a tiny ‘burrito’. It can help to moisten the disc before folding it over.
- Place the folded ‘burrito’ onto a spoon.
- Apply a few drops of water to moisten the exterior.
- Take the Kratom serving as if you were swallowing a bite of food using the spoon!
The Teardrop Twist
For a slight variation of the Burrito method, follow these steps:
- Measure your Kratom serving and place it into the center of the oblate disc.
- Lightly hold the powder in place with one hand as you pinch and twist the disc into a ‘Hershey’s Kiss’ teardrop shape.
- Moisten the twist to keep it secure.
- Swallow the ‘teardrop’ as if you were taking a pill or capsule.
…and that’s it!
Using oblate discs is a quick, easy, and convenient way to take your Kratom serving without having to taste it on the way down. Still have questions about Kratom, oblate discs, or other Kats Botanicals products? Reach out and let us know!